DATA (PRIVACY) PROTECTION POLICY
DATA (PRIVACY) PROTECTION POLICY
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Moving Company (NZ) Ltd collects personal information to understand and meet our customers and potential customer’s needs and to fulfil our business objectives. This information is collected by various sources including information provided by its customers, agents other representatives or any third party agents authorised to act on behalf of The Moving Company (NZ) Ltd. Personal Information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, identification number, passport details, date of birth, Job or Title and may also include financial information, such as credit card or other bank account data, or any other data provided related to the performance of moving, storage, relocation or other associated services. However, The Moving Company (NZ) Ltd limits its collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for its intended purpose and thus does not collect any information that is not relevant to the business or objectives in delivering approved services. When you visit our website www.themovingcompany.co.nz your browsing information (your browser type and the pages of the website that you visit) will be collected.
THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will allow us to provide and manage your required needs. It will also enable us to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business. This use of information may include:
- administer this website;
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payment from you;
- send you marketing communications;
- provide the moving, relocation or storage services requested.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Moving Company (NZ) Ltd does not share your personal information with any third parties except as disclosed in this policy. We may provide personal information to The Moving Company (NZ) Ltd subcontractors and Global moving partners (which shall be bound by privacy obligations) in order to facilitate and carry out authorised services. We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent, except subject to the categories listed below.
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a legitimate instruction from a government agency.
- Government entities, courts or other entities, such as in response to summons or other legal or regulatory processes, or to protect against fraud.
- Pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Where applicable, third parties who provide related services or products in connection with our business.
- Government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators.
- Our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate.
- To debt collection agencies to assist with collection of overdue or unpaid debts due to The Moving Company (NZ) Ltd.
Personal information is stored in a combination of paper and electronic files. Personal information held by The Moving Company (NZ) Ltd is not accessible publically. We take reasonable measures to protect personal information against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, including credit card information that is submitted to us through defined procedures and appropriate technology designed for that purpose.
- we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural guidelines to protect your Personal Information.
- we assess our security standards and procedures from time to time to protect against unauthorised access to Personal Information.
- we store Personal Information only as long as needed for legitimate business purposes, or as required by contractual or legal requirements.
- we limit access to Personal Information on need to know basis only that is required to provide services to our customers.
CHOICE AND CONSENT
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
EU citizens have the right to:
- withdraw consent, if consent was the lawful basis for processing;
- require us to erase your personal information;
- require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
- receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller.